Light Feet Yurts Main Web Site

Yurt set up and break down in one hour.

First hand experience, tips, tricks and support.

Yurt set up and break down in one hour.

Postby YurtHead » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:59 pm

It really only takes me one hour to set up a 16 or 20 foot yurt. There are only 4 structural components, the compression hub, wall, door frame and rafters. Most always it takes longer to move goods in and out of the yurt when moving it.

Roll out the wall, bolt the door frame to it, fasten hub to hub stand and put the rafters in place, remove hub stand and hang canvas.

I know this sounds simple. I will be using this section to post more set up information along with some of the finer points as I have time to write. Check back soon for more photos and informative details.

GRUB Set Up 3 resize.png

GRUB Set Up 4 resize.png

GRUB Set Up 5 resize.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YurtHead
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yurt set up and break down in one hour.

Postby YurtHead » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:39 am

Using a hub stand is standard procedure for me. The hub stand is not included as part of normal yurt sales but is easily made with simple carpentry skills. This makes it possible to stay portable with quick set up and break down. If leaving your yurt in place for extended periods most people don't need a hub stand, especially if it comes with free delivery and set up.

Hub Stand.jpg

Hub Stand 2.jpg

resize.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YurtHead
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YurtHead » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:48 pm

Here is a time lapse of a four hour project that included the floor package for a 16' yurt.

[youtube]OuuqLjlPVAM[/youtube]
YurtHead
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YurtHead » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:10 am

Here is the same set up in a 1:10 second time lapse.

[youtube]BxoyT2pzq80[/youtube]
YurtHead
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Light Feet Yurts